Biscoff sandwich cookies are a sneaky way to transform one of the most ubiquitous bready cookies into a new and different dessert with an almost cookie dough-like consistency. Who am I kidding? It’s just a phenomenal recipe that yields an absolutely addictive flavor and texture.
Biscoff sandwich cookies are a delicious treat made with Biscoff spread, a spread made from ground Biscoff cookies, and sandwiched between two Biscoff cookies. Here’s a simple recipe for making Biscoff sandwich cookies at home:
Biscoff Sandwich Cookies Recipe
- 1 cup Biscoff spread
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together the Biscoff spread and butter until smooth.
- Add the sugar and beat until well combined.
- Beat in the egg and vanilla extract until fully incorporated.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until a dough forms.
- Cover the dough with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Roll the dough into 1-inch balls and place them on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, or until the cookies are lightly golden.
- Allow the cookies to cool completely before spreading a layer of Biscoff spread on the bottom of one cookie and sandwiching it with another.
When it comes to making the perfect Biscoff sandwich cookies, there are a few key tips to keep in mind. First, be sure to evenly space out your scoops of cookie dough on the baking sheet. This will ensure that your cookies bake evenly and are the same size. Second, use a piping bag or ziplock bag with the corner snipped off to easily pipe the filling onto one cookie before topping with another. Lastly, don’t be afraid to get creative with your fillings! You can use anything from chocolate spread to peanut butter to fruit preserves. Whatever you choose, just be sure to enjoy!
Enjoy your homemade Biscoff sandwich cookies!